- You can buy your Rabdi readymade at any Halwai or in the frozen section of an Indian grocery store.
- Serves 4-5
- 1 liter milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 pod Vanilla bean or use a teaspoon of Vanilla extract or paste
- 2 cup finely chopped Mahabaleshwar strawberries or any good ruby red strawberries
- 6- strawberries halved
- Splice open the long pod and scrape the vanilla paste from the bean. Heat the milk, sugar, vanilla pod and scraped bean paste or just extract on a low flame in a non-stick saucepan.
- Keep cooking and stirring until milk has reduce to about 1.5 cups. Scrape the sides and bottom frequently to prevent burning. Remove pod and discard.
- Let the Rabdi reach room temperature. Stir in chopped strawberries. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, press it down against the thickened milk to prevent a skin from forming. Chill.
- Serve cold. Garnish with strawberry halves.
© 2022 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande