- LIME WATER WITH SAFFRON AND CARDAMOM
- This twist on traditional Limboo Paani has a lovely golden color from the saffron. You only require the skins of the green cardamom pods. Reserve the seeds for something else.
- Serves 4-6
- • Juice of three limes
- • 4-6 strands saffron crumbled
- • Skins of 8 green cardamom pods (optional)
- • 1 cup sugar with 1/4 teaspoon kitchen salt (the salt is optional)
- • 600 ml cold club soda or chilled water
- For the sugar syrup heat sugar, cardamom skins, salt and 2 cups water in a small skillet on a medium flame. Reduce to half its volume but do not caramelize. Cool completely and strain. Discard cardamom skins.
- Add lime juice, saffron and stir well. Cover and chill 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Fill 4 high ball glasses or 6 low ball glasses with 3-4 large cubes of ice and divide the lime saffron mixture equally. Top up with cold water or club soda. Stir and serve immediately.
© 2023 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande