- 400 grams medium prawns shelled and deveined (weight should be 400 grams after shelling)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Juice of a quarter lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 green onion bulbs sliced into rings
- 5 tablespoons fresh fenugreek leaves stems removed, washed and chopped
- 3-4 Indian green chillies slit lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons stalks of green onion finely chopped
- Wedges of Lime
- Combine shrimp with turmeric and let sit 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a skillet and saute green onion bulbs 1 minute until they have softened. Add fenugreek and green chillies and saute another minute. Add garlic and ginger paste and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut milk now if you plan to use it and cook until bubbly.
- Stir in the prawns and lime juice. Cook until prawns are just tender and edible.
- Switch off flame and add salt to taste. Garnish with green stalks and wedges of lime.
- Serve with rotis if you have not used the coconut milk or with plain boiled white rice if you have a gravy.
© 2022 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande