- 1⁄2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened evaporated milk or soy milk
- 4 tablespoons regular cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup semi sweet chocolate broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup almonds with skin, toasted and broken into small pieces
- 3 cups plain dry quick-cooking oats
- Add the first 6 ingredients into a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a vigorous boil on high heat. Add the oats and stir quickly no more than 30-50 seconds.
- Switch off flame and immediately add the chocolate pieces.
- Stir quickly until smooth.
- Stir in the toasted almonds until well incorporated.
- Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto wax or parchment paper. Smoothen them with the back of a clean tablespoon. Keep refrigerated.
- Let cool until set.
© 2023 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande