- 1.5 cups wholewheat flour
- 1.5 cups maida
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 kg walnuts toasted and skins removed, ground to a fine powder
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, toasted, skinned and chopped into small piece
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons zest of orange
- 375 grams butter softened
- 1 cup golden honey
- 6 eggs whisked
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Butter a 10 by 4 inch tube pan. Preheat oven to 300F. This is a large cake and bakes very slowly.
- Combine the two flours, nutmeg, orange zest, baking soda, baking powder, oats,ground walnuts in a bowl and reserve.
- Beat honey and butter until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat again 1-2 minutes until incorporated.
- Add milk and stir well. Add flour mixture cup by cup and beat until you have a smooth batter. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into tube pan. Smack pan on the counter a couple of times so the batter settles evenly.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 2-2.5 hours until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan about 45 minutes then unmould and cool for an hour on a rack,
© 2023 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande