- THIS LIME AND LEMON CURD IS SOFT AND FLUFFY BECAUSE BUTTER IS BEATEN INTO THE LEMON CURD. IF YOU DONT HAVE LEMONS YOU CAN USE ONLY LIME JUICE BUT INCREASE THE SUGAR BY 25 GRAMS.
- MAKES ABOUT 2 1/4 CUPS
- 150 grams castor sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter cut into small pieces and chilled
- Whisk together the sugar, lemon and lime juice in a bowl placed over simmering hot water or in a double boiler over high heat. When the sugar has dissolved, lower flame add whisked egg yolks and eggs and keep stirring continuously until the mixture begins to simmer and thicken. Remove from heat immediately and strain through a sieve into a mixing bowl. Let sit 10 minutes. Stir from time to time to prevent a skin from forming.
- When the lemon curd is still warm but not hot whisk in the butter using a hand or electric whisk. Fill into sterilised jars and cap tightly. Chill before using and keep refrigerated.
© 2023 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande