- Sit around a bubbling pot of this boozy, spicy sauce and dip these acorn shaped gingerbread into the sauce. If you don't have this specialty pan just make it in a 9 by 13 sheet pan and cut the cake into cubes.
- You can serve this sauce over ice-cream, with toasted nuts or gingerbread cake and custard.
- If you plan to serve it with ice cream you could stir in a 1/5 teaspoon each of ground cloves, cinnamon and allspice.
- FOR THE FONDUE
- 1.5 CUPS DARK BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER
- 1/4 CUP LIGHT CORN SYRUP
- 1 CUP CREAM (SUCH AS AMUL)
- 1/2 TEASPOON CORNSTARCH
- 1/4 TEASPOON SEA SALT
- 1/4 CUP WATER
- 1/4 CUP DARK RUM
- COMBINE ALL THE INGREDIENTS EXCEPT THE RUM AND COOK IN A HEAVY BOTTOM SKILLET ON MEDIUM HEAT UNTIL BUBBLY, THICK AND REDUCEd BY ABOUT 30%. SWITCH OFF FLAME AND STIR IN RUM. POUR INTO YOUR FONDUE POT AND SERVE WITH GINGERBREAD.
© 2023 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande