- This is an easy, flexible dessert you can make with a liquor and biscuits of your choice. You can also replace the lemon curd with custard or fruit compote, the strawberries with a different, seasonal fruit.
- Pear and ginger biscuits are a great combination. For a trifle version try my Pomegranate Trifle in dessert cup or mini Banoffee.
- Makes 6 8 oz jars filled to about 6.-7 oz
- 12 strawberries, washed, hulled, patted dry with paper towels and sliced lengthwise into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- Juice of one fresh orange
- Zest of one fresh orange
- 2 cups store bought or homemade lemon curd
- 1.5 cups of crushed biscuits of your choice such as Anzac, Amaretti, Ginger,Marie, Shrewsbury,Digestive
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar (optional)
- Toss the sliced strawberries with the liquor and orange juice, cover and reserve about 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Whip the cream and confectioners sugar to soft peaks. You can omit the sugar if you like.
- Divide all the ingredients equally between the jars.
- Layer each jar with
- 1) biscuit crumbles
- 2) top with a few strawberry slices and some liquid
- 3) lemon curd
- 4) another layer of strawberry slices
- 5) top with whipped cream.
- 6) Garnish with orange zest.
- 7) Screw on the lid tightly and keep refrigerated.
© 2022 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande