- 850 grams very ripe peaches, peeled, pitted cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup white sugar powdered in a grinder
- 1 cup full fat cream chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh (not sour) unflavored plain yogurt or dahi strained and chilled
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Place the peaches and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the peaches are very soft, stirring from time to time to prevent burning.
- Cook until peaches are thick and bubbly and most of the water has evaporated.
- Allow it to reach room temperature then puree.
- Sieve through a strainer to remove any fibers or bits and pieces.
- Cover and refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight. This mixture must be very cold.
- Blend together the chilled cream, dahi and vanilla and pass through a sieve. Stir into cold peaches until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
© 2023 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande