- This velvety pasta is a knockout and so easy to make. Serve it with a crispy salad and an easy bottle of red wine.
- Serves 5
- 1 pound pappardelle or a flat long pasta such as fettuccine
- 350 grams soft blue cheese such as Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3 ripe Bosc pears, cored and sliced into 8-10 pieces each
- 100 grams of butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- Set a stock pot of water with a pinch of salt to boil.
- Heat butter an olive oil in a large and deep skillet. Add the pears and cook on a medium flame until pears begin to caramelise. Add 2 cups of the pasta stock water to the pan.
- Stir in the blue cheese and when it is melted and you have a smooth sauce drain the pasta and toss the noodles in the sauce.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and season with fresh pepper.
- Stir in the cream and garnish with chives, Serve hot.
© 2024 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande