- This is a mocktail made with raw ingredients and no added sugar. The combination of basil and mango is refreshing and the colors pleasing to the eye.
- Serves 2
- 1 cup chilled tender coconut water
- 1/4 cup tender coconut pieces chilled
- 4 fresh basil leaves pureed
- 3/4 cup fresh yellow mango juice no sugar added (use a mango with a yellow pulp like Totapuri or Dussheri not orange like Alphonso or Langda if possible)
- Freeze the mango juice into small ice cubes that will fit your glasses by pouring them into an ice tray- about 6-8 small ice cubes.
- Pour the chilled tender coconut water into 2 tall or high ball type glasses in equal measure.
- Top with the tender coconut. Divide the basil puree between the two glasses. Top with mango ice cubes.
- Serve with a tall spoon or swizzle stick if desired or as is. The mango ice cubes will help keep the drink cooler for a longer time and as they melt the flavors will mingle with the basil and coconut.
© 2024 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande