- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic and ginger paste
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. gojujang (Korean chile paste)
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- To fry
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch/cornflour
- 1.5 kg raw cauliflower florets about 2 inch size pieces with stems intact
- 3 inches of vegetable oil (avoid olive oil)
- Combine the first five ingredients and stir well in a bowl. Heat oil in a small but deep saucepan on medium heat. Add sesame seeds for 10-15 seconds. Add the sauce and cook 5-6 minutes on high heat until sauce thickens a bit. Stir to prevent burning. Cool. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add some honey for more sweetness, more vinegar and Gochujang if required.
- Heat oil in medium size kadai or wok on high heat. Sift cornflour and rice flour together with a pinch of salt.
- Roll cauliflower in it until each florets are dredged in the flours and fry in hot oil until golden and crispy. Drain completely and toss with sauce. Serve immediately.
© 2022 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande