- This creamy and delicious pudding is a favorite during Gudi Padwa in the Konkan belt. Gudi Padwa is called Samvatsar Padvo by Konkani Hindus.
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon crumbled jaggery or more to taste
- 1 red skinned sweet potato also called Ratale or Shakarkhand about 100 GRAMS
- 1/4 teaspoon of powdered green cardamom seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted cashewnut pieces (optional)
- Soak Tapioca seeds in water for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Parboil the sweet potato, cool, peel and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Combine tapioca, coconut milk, sweet potato, cardamom in a medium size saucepan or kadai. Add 2 cups water and cook on a medium flame about 20 minutes. Stir from time to time. Add jaggery and continue cooking until you have a very thick and creamy consistency.
- Add more jaggery if you want more sweeteness and water if you want a thinner consistency. Stir in cashews if you wish. This dessert can be served warm or cold.
© 2022 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande