Fresh Peas, Mint and Orange Salad
- Serves 4
- 250 gram shelled baby peas, washed
- 2 ripe Navel oranges or Indian Nagpur Santra
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves, washed
- 3/4 cup soft cheese such as feta, goat's milk or ricotta
- 3-4 baby peas in their pods spliced open
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or Juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon golden honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shake or whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Taste for salt.
- Toss the peas in the dressing and refrigerate covered for 15 minutes.
- Peel the oranges and reserve the peel. Remove the skin off the segments of each Nagpuri santra and discard pith and seeds. If using navel orange cut the orange flesh into small pieces and remove all the pith and seeds.
- Remove soaked peas from the fridge. Taste for salt and sweetness-adjust if required.
- Pour soaked peas in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with mint leaves, cheese of your choice and orange segments. Lastly grate some of the orange zest from the peel over the salad.
- Serve immediately.
© 2023 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande