- Serves 6
- 6 approximately 3 inch round short crust pastry shells
- 2 mangoes such as Alphonso or Langda peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh cream
- Icing sugar
- Mint leaves
- 3/4 cup shelled, unsalted and roasted cashew pieces
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup castor sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened but not melted
- 1 tsp maida or all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grind the cashews to a chunky consistency with the salt. Beat the butter and sugar to a fluffy consistency by hand using a paddle spoon or use an electric whisk. Add the vanilla and beat again. Add the egg and beat until well mixed. Add the flour and cashews and beat until well incorporated.
- Divide between the 6 tarts and smoothen tops with a spatula.
- Bake on a pre-heated oven at 350 for 20 minutes until the frangipane is just golden but still soft.
- Cool tarts.
- Top with mango and fresh cream. Garnish with icing sugar and mint leaves.
© 2022 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande