- Coconut Kadi
- • 400 ml coconut milk
- • 1 tablespoon rice flour
- • 2 tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil
- • 8-10 fresh green curry leaves
- • 2-3 Indian green chilies slit
- • 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- • ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- • 3-4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- • ½ teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- • 4-5 dried kokum or mangosteen fruit soaked in warm water
- • Mix the rice flour and turmeric into the coconut milk.
- • Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan on a high flame. Add mustard, cumin and red chilies and sauté 1 minute. Add green chilies, curry leaves and garlic. Cook another 1 minute. Stir in a cup of water.
- • Add the coconut milk and cook on a low flame until it simmers.
- • Serve with plain boiled rice.
© 2023 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande