Yield: 1 (8- or 9-inch) cake
- ¼cup/25 grams unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch-processed or natural)
- ¾cup/180 milliliters Coca Cola
- ⅔cup/160 milliliters egg mayonnaise
- ¼teaspoon kitchen salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2cup/100 grams granulated sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½cups/190 grams maida or all-purpose flour, sifted
- Vegetable oil for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare lower rung. Grease an 8-9 inch cake pan with some oil and dust lightly with flour.
- Heat the Coca Cola, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan until sugar has dissolved in a deep saucepan. Switch off the flame.
- Add the baking soda and let mixture cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk in mayonnaise, vanilla, salt, baking powder until smooth.
- Last whisk in the flour and stir until you have no lumps.
- Pour into the cake pan. Smoothen the top and knock the cake pan agains the counter to ensure there are no air pockets.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Unmold cake on a baking rack and cool. Frost with a ganache or my chocolate cream cheese frosting.
COCA-COLA MAYONNAISE CHOCOLATE CAKE