- A great way to use leftover egg whites. These candied nuts are excellent in salads, with hot fudge sundaes, as a cocktail appetizer and a snack when you feel like grazing.
- 2 egg whites
- 250 grams walnuts, skins lightly removed or pecan wholes
- 1/4 cup sugar powder in a mixer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional powdered cumin/cayenne pepper/chai masala/pumpkin pie spice mix/allspice/Tabasco sauce/habanero sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the nuts with the egg whites in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Lay out the nuts one by one on the parchment lined trays. Bake 25 minutes or until golden, fragrant and crisp.
- Cool completely and refrigerate in airtight boxes, bottles or zipped bags. Keeps for several weeks -if you can resist them!
© 2023 All content copyright: Tara Deshpande